WPNotif WordPress plugin comes with an app for Android mobile. Why just android? because iOS has certain restrictions and our app can’t work without those.
With our app, you can send automatic SMS notifications to your users with your existing SMS plan on your phone. Most network providers in most countries nowadays come with free SMS plans, or they are very cheap.
How to Use
- Setup OneSignal on your WordPress Site
- Install Android app and connect to your
- Site back and relax
Steps to setup OneSignal
- Create an account on onesignal.com
- Setup firebase with Onesignal to send notifications to android app, follow this simple document https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/generate-a-google-server-api-key
- Now go to Keys & IDs page and copy OneSignal App ID and Rest API Key from here and paste it in WPNotif settings
How to Use SMS App
- Go to WPNotif settings on your WordPress website and select SMS App under SMS Gateway
- Set Daily SMS Limit (limit of SMS you want to send per day) and Save the settings.
- Download the app from our settings page and install it on your Android Phone
- Make sure you give all the necessary permissions to the app and then click on Add New button to link your site with the app.
- Scan the QR code shown in WPNotif settings on your WordPress website and now your Website is linked with the App.
You can even copy the Key from WPNotif settings and paste it in the app to do the setup.
Once your website is linked with the App, it will start sending SMS notifications through your mobile automatically. No further steps are required, it will all be done automatically.
Android SMS Limit
Recent Android versions come with an SMS sending limit, which limits them to send around 30 SMS per 30 minutes. This limit is won’t bother many website owners but if you still want to remove it don’t worry about it as this limit can be increased with some simple steps. (No coding required, lol)
How to Increase SMS Limit
You can follow the below linked simple guide on how to increase Android SMS limit